Although vegan, this dressing recipe holds true to tradition. But what does that even mean? What makes ranch, ranch? I’ve seen even the most devout ranch lovers shocked by classic ingredients. While I’ve made versions from soaked cashews, silken tofu, and dairy-free yogurts, veganizing the real deal is the tastiest IMO. Here’s my super easy, vegan-friendly, restaurant-style take on ranch dressing.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 3 Tablespoons vegan mayo
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon vegan sour cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, and salt
- 2 teaspoons each: dried dill, dried chives, dried or fresh parsley, and ground black pepper
- Add nondairy milk and vinegar to a bowl. Stir and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to achieve a buttermilk-like taste.
- Add in vegan mayo and whisk until smooth (no chunks).
- Assess your consistency – if you prefer a thicker ranch, add in an additional Tablespoon of vegan mayo or sour cream. Note: as this mixture sits in the fridge it does tend to thicken up a bit.
- Stir in the seasonings.
- Enjoy! This ranch is amazing right away, however; I find that an overnight in the fridge is key for optimal flavor!