Although fall isn’t officially here, it’s just around the corner. I used to be someone who mourned summer for most of the fall months, but over the past few years I’ve come to enjoy the changing of the seasons. I’m not going crazy over here, but I definitely have a fall-scented candle burning in the background as I type. What I’m most looking forward to this season is the autumn-inspired dishes, like squash soup, pumpkin tarts, and this Harvest Bow Tie Pasta. I’ll definitely be serving this up all season long.
As usual, substitutions are totally welcome. Do what you gotta do! Enjoy.
- 1 small squash or pumpkin (or canned)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 servings of pasta
- If using fresh squash or pumpkin, cut in half and roast until tender ~1 hour
- ^once cool enough to touch, scoop out seeds and remove skin. Place seeded, skinless squash in blender or food processor.
- Saute onion and garlic. Let cool and add to food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Additional coconut milk may be desired.
- Toss sauce with pasta and enjoy.